- Model: PowerMate 386/20 APC-H601E/H603E/H605E/H606E
- Manufacturer: Nippon Electric Company, Ltd. (NEC)
- Operating System: DOS
- CPU: 20MHz Intel i386DX
- Processor: Intel 80386 8/20MHz
- Memory: 2MB or 8MB standard, expands to 10MB or 16MB
- Diskette Drive: 1.2MB, 5.25’‘
- Internal Expansion Bays: Four 5.25’‘ half height user accessible bays
- Power Supply: 237 Watt
- CMOS Access : QAPlus/FE
The PowerMate 386/20 is designed for users who require maximum performance in a mainstream Computer. This full-featured mainstream Computer enhances the previous generation NEC models with the chipsets and new levels of customization.
Located on the side of the unit, the modular bay’s innovative latch is designed for easy insertion and removal of the various module options.
The PowerMate 386/20 Computer only supports 20MHz Intel i386DX. The PowerMate 386/20 features two on-board data caches for transferring information to and from the processor. These caches are known as the L1 and L2 caches. The PowerMate 386/20 L1 cache is 64 kilobytes in size, while its L2 cache is rated at either one or two megabytes.